S.S. City of Milwaukee
Built in 1930 and launched in 1931, the steamship City of Milwaukee is the last traditional railroad car ferry on the Great Lakes. She was built and operated by the Grand Trunk Railroad until 1978. She then sailed for the Ann Arbor Railroad before retirement in 1981.
The S.S. City of Milwaukee is a National Historic Landmark museum, permanently moored on Manistee Lake. This vessel provides guided tours, museum exhibits, facility rentals
and the acclaimed Ghost Ship
haunted attraction in October.
U.S. Coast Guard Acacia
Built in 1944, the USCG Acacia was one of the last seagoing buoy tenders built during
World War II. She spent her career on Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, maintaining over 250 buoys, lighthouses and other navigational aids.
In 1987, the main engines were replaced and a new boiler system was installed. It could travel at a maximum speed of 13 knots (15 mph).
The Acacia was decommissioned in 2006 and joined the City of Milwaukee on Manistee Lake in 2009. Self-guided tours are available.